Monday, November 8, 2010

Damask Piggy Bank

Pin It
Every now and again I find awesome treasures at Goodwill.  

Any thrifter will tell you it's hit and miss when you go thrifting!  


I found this little guy for $2...needs a little TLC!



To spruce him up, and make him fit for Miss J's room, all I needed was some primer and pink spray paint.



Here's the piggy during the transformation:



Here's Miss J's new pink piggy bank!


Very cute, but still missing something.....eyes, a nose and some decoration were in order!


If you read my blog regularly,  you know I LOVE damask!  

I went to Michael's and found some cuuuuute damask stickers.



Is this cute?  I love it!




At home on Miss J's bookshelf!



Total Cost:

   Piggy Bank-$2
Spray Paint- $0 (left over from other projects)
Stickers- $2

Total: $4



18 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, so cute and such an awesome idea~ thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too adore damask! This is toooooo stinkin cute!! Great re-do!! Little piggy looks so beautiful now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I re-painted a piggy bank not too long ago. I like yours much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When unique only runs $4, you've done your job, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! We have been addicted to Toy Story 3 and th pink pig is perfect for a little girls room!
    You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job. Those damask stickers look just amazing on it. Very upscale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to kick myself for donating my daughter's ugly kitten-painted piggy bank recently. Grrr....what was I thinking?!? Fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I featured this over at Sassy Sites! Come by and check it out... and don't forget to grab a button! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful piggy! I too LOVE damask. It is classic! Follow me @ http://designingdreams-sheri.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! 1,000 times better. I think I just spent 30 minutes hopping around your site. I love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, this is really adorable...what a change, so personal now and you did a great job! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  12. That just awesome. Decorating it using damask is just a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so impressed! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering what you used to paint the eyes nose and mouth?
    I recently passed up some piggy banks on clearance at Target, Reg $9.99 clearance for $2.50. I was kicking myself when I ran across this post not even a week later!!
    I planned ahead though, and got some christmas ones on clearance, not as good of a sale, $5, but still excited to customize 2. If I remember Ill share pics if youd like :D

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!