Friday, November 18, 2011

{Kids Bathroom} Makeover!

Pin It
We have finally moved our ninos out of the master bathroom and into their own!  

I started out framing their mirror for $20!
  
(Read about it here)

I then decided I wanted to panel the one wall in the bathroom like Emily @ Decorchick did:




Here is my "towel wall" 
BEFORE


Just so you know....I had to hang the towels up to take a picture.  I'm sure the towels are never on the floor at your house, right??

Another shot:



It all looks pretty plain and blah.  AND, the towel rod was WAY too small to really hold any towels, after you wrestled them on there.



Following Emily's great instructions, my paneled wall turned out like this!







I'm lovin' the hooks I found for their towels!



Here it is with all the towels hung up:






And guess what?  We have had NO towels on the floor since I finished this project!  It's so much easier for my kiddos to hang up their own towel.
I feel like a genius!  (j/k)

Here is the bathroom after a fresh coat of paint, a framed mirror, and a paneled wall:






Much Better!


Linkin up here

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE the hook idea. And So Simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How super cute...Love the colors in this room and the vinyl over the hooks.
    http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! The names with the hooks for towels is genius, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it turned out! I love the names on the wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute idea! I love that they each get their own personal hook. It sounds like they love having their own hook enough to keep the towels hung up! Awesome bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is brilliant...we have ours hung on the back of the door and that is sooo inconvenient. Too bad we are renting. I can't WAIT till we can get a house to make our own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, you are talented at this. The look is bright, cheerful and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is absolutely adorable!!! I love the framed mirror!! I would totally do that in my house, but we're planning to move this year, and not sure it's worth it at this point. I LOVE everything you have done here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah!
    I just wanted to let you know that I have added your button to my blog as one of my favorite blogs!! :)

    http://jalafrye.blogspot.com/p/buttons-i-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just love the towel wall idea. and the fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It turned out super cute & i love that shower curtain! By the way i nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award on my site :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you feel like unleashing your creative potential, point your palette toward the bathroom. It's the room where you can finish a project in a weekend and still have money left over to get takeout while you're waiting for the paint or polyurethane to dry.

    Bathroom Vinyl Wall Art

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not having to clean up your kids towels is one huge victory! Next they will be able to clean their own rooms, and pick up their own toys! The bathroom looks great, I wish my kid's bathroom was that good looking! I want to get them modern bathroom vanities and get some new paint in there and spruce up that embarrassment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sarah the personalized towel rack is what i love most, this will teach my kids on how to be responsible of their things. above all you did a great job your bathroom makeover gives a happy thought and I love the color scheme you went with.

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!