Monday, May 27, 2013

Superhero {Birthday} Bash

Pin It
My little guy turned 4 in April.  FOUR!



I cannot believe how fast time goes by.  


He was dead-set on having a superhero party, and I was happy to oblige!




Did you know Costco will print up large posters like this?  It's cheap too!




Getting ready to party.....




We had fairly simple food, some fun games, and great goodies to take home. 



Games

I decided to turn this party into a "Superhero Academy".  Each attendee had to earn their cape and mask-what every superhero needs!


To earn their cape, they played-
How strong are you?




First up, knock over a building!!  As you can see, I found a very large cardboard box, and worked a little magic with spray paint.  They loved it!





Next, they had to punch down a brick wall (cardboard blocks) and shoot off a rocket!







Then, the real test came. 

Could they fight the villain?!

Fight the Villain


 The after picture is all I got!  My husband dressed up as a villain, and they had to defeat him by spraying him down with silly string.  The kiddos went crazy over this one!  WAY too enthusiastic about the silly string.


Little Miss E in her cape and clutching some silly string.



Now, the Graduates!  They all earned their cape and mask.






Next up, the birthday cake and food!



Mr. A blowing out 4 candles this year.

Love this shot of him!



He did it!




Party Food
















After all the food, and graduating from superhero academy, we ended the day with the photo booth.  So much fun!



Photo Booth

 












Guests went home with their cape and mask, and a superhero goody bag.





Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up here

16 comments:

  1. What fun games! Happy birthday to your little hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool and fun, fun birthday!!! Love it, Belated happy birthday to the super hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party! You're little guy is very lucky to have such a creative momma! I would love for you to come and link this up to our weekly party, http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/05/much-ado-about-monday-no-11.html

    Hope to see you there,
    Jamie
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband is awesome for dressing up as the villain! It's something mine would do, too. It's great to see that they will play with their kids and understand that its okay to be silly. Usually, my hubby is the good guy because the boys want to be the bad guys. :D

    We also had a Superhero Party this month. I wasn't as daring, and hosted it at McDonald's. I did make capes and masks for part of the take home bags and for something extra for everyone to play with during party downtime.

    *coming from A Stroll Thru Life, Inspire Me Tuesday Linky

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome theme! Everything is so cute - especially the kids' masks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun party! Your little boy is so adorable! Thank you for sharing!

    I'm hopping over from the Pity Party. Have a great weekend!

    Ritchil
    http://chengand3kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore these! Pinned to my Superhero board.

    Pretty please share this on a link party that I host with 4 other blogs called Moonlight & Mason Jars (live Monday at 5pm EST thru Sunday at midnight). We feature 5 blogs who link up every week.

    Xo,
    Jenn Pilgrim
    The Newlywed Pilgrimage (.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute party! I love the activities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun party! I wish I were invited! =)
    I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight.
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/. AND starting Wednesday June 4th I will be hosting a Wordless Wednesday link party. Hope you will join us!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. so great! everything looks so fun. your lil man looks so happy too:)
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am pinning this to my kids party's page & giving your post a shout out tomorrow on DearCreatives.com Thanks for dropping by & sharing your post & such a cute party!Hope to see you again this week & if you have a spot for a feature button pick one up! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! My son just turned 4 in February, how fast they grow! Thanks for linking up at the Friday Follow along last week. Stop by the Lovely Linky today at www.leahinspired.com and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the ideas. It's going to be great incorporating to my daughter's birthday party in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where did you buy the Ironman t-shirt? It's awesome and I would love to get one of those for my 4 year old:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome party!! What material is the buildingin the photog made out of?

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!