I'm BACK! After a long case of blogger's block, I finally came up with a project to share with you!
I was inspired by a dress up set my daughter got for her birthday. There were fairy wings that came with the kit. She LOVES them, and keeps asking me to "go buy her more wings". She specified that she wanted purple.
Of course I didn't go buy any; I came up with a way to make them!
(2) Wire coat hangers
(1) pair knee high pantyhose
Masking tape (any kind of strong tape is fine)
Steps to make Fantastic Fairy Wings:
- Bend coat hangers into "wing" shape
- Cut off the "hook" of the hanger. Right where the wire starts to twist.
- Using masking tape, tape off the wire ends really well. You don't want them to poke your little one!
- Take your knee high pantyhose, and stretch one over one of the wings:
- Wrap the excess panty hose around the wire (the part you taped in the previous step) Secure the extra pantyhose with tape. Should look like this:
- Repeat for the second wing.
- Since Miss J wanted purple wings, I used my favorite purple spray paint. Krylon's Gum Drop. SOOO cute!
- Give your wings a few LIGHT coats of paint. It won't take much.
- Tape together the middle sections of your wings:
- Cut out two sections of felt, and hot glue one to the back of your middle section. Like so:
- Cut out 2 pieces of elastic. Measure around your child's arm to determine length. (I spray painted my elastic to match the wings)
- Hot glue the elastic to the felt in 4 places, like so:
- Take your second piece of felt, and glue it on top.
- Strap those wings on your princess, and you're ready to go!