Monday, April 26, 2010

BOY Baby Shower Goodies and Ideas

Pin It
I always make a diaper cake when I host a baby shower.  Always.  It's easy to make, looks super cute, and is fun!  However, my friend that I recently threw a shower for had already been given a diaper cake! 

What was I going to do??!!

Search all over blogland for amazing ideas!  

I came up with three ideas.


Salt Water Taffy Kabobs 


  • Using bamboo skewers (100 count for about $1.50) slide taffy on, alternating colors
  • Poke into floral foam
  • Spray paint an old oatmeal box, stick in the floral foam and kabobs, and make it look pretty!


Inspiration for Kabobs can be found here at Heartland Paper Co.


Mini Pails Party Favors


I found these pails at Target for .$50 each.  ADORABLE!
Tie some tulle around the pail, stick in some treats 
(I did rice krispie treats; so easy)
Easy, CUTE party favors!!
 
Customized water bottle labels. 
I didn't really find a tutorial for this, so here's the run down.
  • Use my template below, or design your own label (I fit 5 to a sheet). 
  • Print them, and cut them out
  • Use contact paper to make them "laminated" (so the ink doesn't run when the bottle gets wet)
  • Wrap them around the bottle, and tape the ends together. 



Here's what my labels looked like (to give you an idea of how you could personalize it)


I have provided a blank template (that you can download and edit) for you to use! How nice am I??   :)
 Blank Labels                                                                

19 comments:

  1. Cute ideas! I wish you lived closer to me so I could benefit from your shower throwing expertise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the taffy sticks! HOW CUTE! I have a shower that I am helping host soon so I defintely need to do this! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love your ideas... the kebab project is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute...cute....cute ideas...welcome to Texas Blogging Gals....I'm having a baby shower for my daughter in law in a couple of weeks...we're doing a western theme...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super sweet ideas - I just love the taffy kabobs! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever idea with the Taffy-as a matter of fact I am borrowing it from you for my son's birthday next weekend!! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE these ideas! I love throwing baby showers, but girly ones are so much easier to plan for- thanks for all the boy ideas. :)
    We have a friday fun finds party... we'd love it if you'd link to this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your blog! I just found it, and I am now a proud follower!
    Liz
    http://mylovelylittlelulu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fantastic ideas- I love the salt water taffy skewers- very cute!

    Thank you for linking up with Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family!

    I've featured your post in the side bar of my blog!

    Don't forget to link up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, thsoe are sweet ideas!! My best friend is having her first baby in Sept, and her shower is later this month-- I would love to make a few of these to help her Mama out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! I love salt water taffy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the kabob idea!! Looks really fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so clever, love the taffy kabobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, great goodies for baby shower! i love that mini bucket!

    Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    All the best
    ~ Val

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have enjoyed reading your post. It is well written. I am appreciating your effort. You can also check our blog : Printed flask

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please let me know if you’re looking for an author for your site. You can also check my blog for : printed flask

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!