I showed you HERE what all three of my Halloween place mat designs looked like. Check it out!
Here is the promised tutorial for how to make the Creepy Spider place mat.
- Cut out (2) pieces of white fabric to 15.25x15.25 inches (or use whatever measurements fit your table the best)
- Cut out (1) piece of tear away fabric stabilizer 15.25x15.25 inches (this will keep your fabric from puckering as you applique)
- Cut out pieces of web (see pattern below)
- Cut out spider (see pattern below)
- Lay the fabric stabilizer under your white fabric, and then pin the web base in place.
- Applique the web base to your fabric by satin stitching all edges.
- Pin web "rings" to web base, and applique all edges.
- Pin spider to white fabric, and applique around all edges using a satin stitch.
- Hot glue silver ric rac from the web base down to the spider.
- Pin remaining piece of white fabric to the piece with the appliques on it. (RIGHT sides together)
- Straight stitch all four edges, leaving a small hole to turn the fabric right side out.
- Turn fabric right side out and press with an iron. (be careful not to melt the ric rac)