Friday, October 8, 2010

{Applique} Wicked Witch Hat Tutorial

Pin It
Last day of place mat tutorials! 


In case you missed the others:







On to the Wicked Witch Hat! 

This one was my favorite :)



  • Cut out (2) pieces of white fabric to 15.25x15.25 inches (or use whatever measurements fit your table the best)
  • Cut out (1) piece of tear away fabric stabilizer 15.25x15.25 inches (this will keep your fabric from puckering and moving as you applique)

  • Cut out Witch Hat and hat band (see pattern below) 

 

  • If you want lettering, cut out letters.  (I used my Cricut to cut out my letters, but there are a variety of ways to do lettering.)

 
  • Lay the fabric stabilizer under your white fabric, and then pin the witch hat in place.






  • Applique the hat to your fabric by satin stitching all edges.
  • Pin hat band to the witch hat, and applique all edges with a satin stitch. (whoaaa. blurry, I know.  sorry guys!)

 
  • If you are using lettering, pin the letters to your fabric, and satin stitch all edges. (using heat n bond to attach your letters is another way of doing it; I have used both methods)
  • Pin remaining piece of white fabric to the piece with the appliques on it. (RIGHT sides together)
  •  
  • Straight stitch all four edges, leaving a small hole to turn the fabric right side out.
     
  • Turn fabric right side out and press with an iron.


  • Top stitch around all four edges. 
  • Done!!




Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fantastic! I hope you'll come link it up to my Halloween party this weekend. www.whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com. It would be such a great addition! It looks wonderful!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo cuute something i need to try :) i dont sew but i need to lol.

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!