Tuesday, October 5, 2010

{Applique} Halloween Place mats

Pin It
I'm excited to share my latest project with you!  I've been working on this for about a week, and it's finally finished.  I love the feeling of being finished with a project.  It's awesome!



I wanted to dress up my breakfast table a little with some fun Halloween place mats.  Miss J helped me design these place mats; she LOVES Halloween!


Creepy Spider

Click HERE for the tutorial!




Wicked Witch Hat
click here for the tutorial 
 



Boo! Pumpkin
Click HERE for the Tutorial!






Before you think I'm CRAZY for having white place mats, here's my trick:



Clear Acrylic place mat protectors!  

I ordered them online here.  Their prices were reasonable, and they will cut them to any thickness or measurements you want. 

These protectors have TOTALLY saved all my place mats!


The Whole Table:





I'm going to give you a step by step tutorial for each place mat, complete with patterns you can download!

Creepy Spider Tutorial.  Click HERE!

Boo! Pumpkin Tutorial.  Click HERE!


11 comments:

  1. These are really cute, and what a great idea to have acrylic covers! I'm amazed and what people come up with. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, these are great! I'd never heard of place mat covers. La

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks great. I can't wait to see your tutorials on how to make them. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! How stinkin' adorable.

    Sharing this with my Facebook readers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so adorable! I especially love the way they all look together around the table. The appliques are just too cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so cute!!! And I love them all together like that!

    This is when I wish I could sew. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really cute. I hope you'll come link them to my Halloween party this weekend! They would be a fantastic addition. whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  8. These awre super cute! Love them. Thanks for linking up to quiltstory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah these turned out fantastic, and I really like how they look on your table. The clear protection, is a must for sure. Thanks for giving us the link to them, and THANK you for linking up to **6 weeks 2 Spook** I really appreciate you, and look forward to many more from you. Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are really cute! i love each of them and your whole table looks awesome ... the covers are a great idea too!

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!