Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cake Pops {Tips & Tricks}

Pin It
I LOVE to make cake pops!  

They are so classy looking, and pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it.



I know there are a meeeellllion tutorials out there for a basic how to, so I'll list some below. 
These blogs all have great instructions and pictures if you need a refresher on how to make these little gems.


 
{My} Tips and Tricks
After you roll out your cake pops into balls, you want to put in the lollipop stick.

I dip my stick in melted chocolate {or} candy melts BEFORE I insert it into the cake ball.



Put your stick about half way in; don't push it all the way through your cake pop.




Do this for all your cake pops, and then put them in the fridge for a few hours to get nice and firm.

This is a CRUCIAL STEP if you want your cake pops to not fall apart when dipping them.



When you are ready to dip, work in small batches.  I only do about 6 at a time.  This will keep your pops firm for dipping, and they won't fall apart when you coat them.

I use my spoon to drizzle on the coating, and then I lightly tap off the excess.  
I tap on the stick near the cake pop.

If you tap too far back on your stick, your pop will fall off. Experience speaking!



If you are adding sprinkles or sugar sparkles, you must do it right after you coat your cake pop.  Do it before the coating hardens.

Don't those look yummy??


A whole platter of sweet goodness....


16 comments:

  1. Those look AMAZING! I will definitely have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i love cake pops~~~~ like i may need an intervention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your tips. I do a ton of baking but have yet to try cake pops. Maybe I'll give them a try for my daughter's birthday party.

    Becky
    http://bucketofbuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips. I have tried these once and I did have some problems. I appreciate you sharing!! I am a new follower:)
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep putting off making these, but I so want to...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some great tips! I've yet to make any cake pops and have been dieing to try and make them!

    Stopping by from Katie's Cucina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the tips! I tried once as well for my daughters vday party this past feb. I struggled to say the least. Finally at midnight that night before I got really mad and threw them all in the trash. Someday when the memories aren't so fresh I will try again LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mouth is watering!! I tried them once and I think I missed the "chilling" part because i had a mess - Now I just might try it again some time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this. I made them once, and had trouble. I think I rolled my balls too big. Will follow your guide. Just became your newest follower. Stopping by from "Sassy Sites".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love making cake pops....the only problem I run into is after i put them in the refrigerator, then dip them in the choc, after the choc hardens, the pops start to SWEAT!! Does this ever happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try these. They always lookso yummy. Thanks for sharing your tips.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great tips! I have never made cake pops, but my friend does. I will send her your way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look fantastic! Thanks for the extra tips.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow.. Nice Recipe! i am gonna try this today with a cup of tea.
    Visit My Site

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, I have liked the article on this site very much. I will share it with my friends so that they, too, can get this vital information. I hope that you visit my Archero Mod Apk site once.
    Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info. Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post.
    youtube to mp3

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!