Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Easy Frame {Update}

Pin It
In this post, I let you tour our "new" home office.



Remember this little spot between our bookshelves?

I love this little nook! 



Let me show you how I updated the black frame.


 Easy Frame {Update}

I started out with the frame looking like this:

I like this black frame, but I already had WAY too many pictures in our office.  I knew I needed to switch it up.



I took out my super cute pictures of Miss J, and started with a blank slate.



I measured the opening of the frame....



And then cut some fabric a little wider than the opening.

(LOOOOVE this fabric!)


I just taped it to the frame backing, using super high end tape:

Just kidding.  I used plain old scotch tape.



I made sure to pull the fabric tight around the edges.



Looking good!


I found a quote I liked about faith, and printed it off on some off white card stock.  I centered it on my board, and Voila!



Much better!




13 comments:

  1. That looks lovely with the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you decorated in here - and that fabric is fab, indeed (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if you say it was easy, it was really creative of you! What a great idea. I'm surprised that good ol' scotch tape was strong enough to hold the fabric on there!

    Found your post at the Amaze Me August party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [15 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love this!! What a great idea. I have a few frames I ought to do this with...

    Found you thru the Sew Woodsy party :)

    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! I love your fabric choice!

    Found you at 733 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! And the fabric is super cute. Would you mind sharing where you got it and name of design/designer? carriefung {at} yahoo {dot} com. Love your blog, new follower. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for a super cute frame:) I'll definitely have to try this at home. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a great idea. I love the pop of yellow. It really stands out. With the quote in the center, the pattern really draws the eye in, but isn't overwhelming. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I really the way you hung all the pics of the family above your desk. Vwery Classy! Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you updated the frame. Isn't it amazing how a little color or fabric can make such a big impact!?!? Thank you for linking to Sew Woodsy last week! Keep on linking great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so good, you've made it seem so easy to decorate..

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!