Friday, February 18, 2011

EASY Spice Organization

Pin It
I know I've mentioned before that we love to cook at our house-A LOT!


We prettttty much have every spice known to man.


To organize some of our more "random" spices (that I use in small quantities), I got this great little spice rack from The Container Store.  (Click here to see it)


It came with the option of hanging it on a wall, or stand alone.  I chose the stand alone option.


I filled it with spices.....


The problem was, the pre-printed spice labels that came with the set didn't include any of the spices I needed!  It was all generic stuff like "thyme, oregano, etc".  I cook with way more fun spices than that!


So, I came up with an easy way to personalize any spice rack you buy.


Grab some of theses: (found mine at WalMart)


 (note that these are CLEAR labels...I like the way the clear ones look much better)


Using Microsoft Word, I printed a whole page of my spice labels.

(sorry for the poor quality....the screen shot of my computer is fuzzy, I know!)


After printing my labels, and cutting them down to size, I added them to the top of my spice jars.




Ta da!


After doing that for all my jars, I'm now super organized, and it's been personalized for my spices!
Close Up:

From the front:


Total Project Time: 30 minutes

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Organizing! I love organization! I'm inviting you to visit my site & enter to win a Starbucks Gift Card. http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/02/starbucks-giveaway.html
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  2. So handy! I love the font you chose.

    I need to do something like this. I get tired of digging through the cabinet while I'm cooking looking for that ONE tiny jar!

    Fabulous organization!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this! Thanks for sharing such a great idea! I love using labels like that, but never thought of using them to label my spices! You're a genius! I'd love for you to come share it at this weekend's party! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [19 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Great!
    Love your blog.
    I'm a new follower and love all your tips and how to stuff.
    Amy's Life @
    www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get my spices organized--this is a good idea! Thanks so much for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome girl. I would love to see a list of all your spices, he he. Do you cook a lot of Indian food, that's surely a way to use a TON of exotic spices. You did good with organizing them, they look great.

    Thanks for linking up to Bella Before and After **Amaze me August** I totally love it when you stop by. THANKS GIRL!!!

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recipes sound interesting, you should post them on here. I would love to cook with all those spices. (if I knew how) :)

    Keep up the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!