Well, I did it again! Miss J's room has been in need of some new window treatments for a while. A very plain window...
First, I found some fabric that I really liked. I made two simple panels, long enough for Miss J's tall windows. (even if you are a sewing newbie, curtains are very easy!!) I was going for simple and kind of Pottery Barn-ish.
Next, I got some PVC Pipe, and cut it to size. I then primed it and spray painted it. I used primer made especially for plastic to prevent scratching.
Next, I primed and spray painted some ugly finials I had laying around. Ewww.
They looked muuuuuuch better after some paint!
After I put up the white brackets I bought, I attached my finials. I just use hot glue. It's strong enough to hold it on, and will pop off easily if I ever need to take it down. It's a win win!
I did not like the fact that you could see the hot glue.....
So, I added a thin piece of ribbon to hide it!
Here are some finished shots:
Primer/Spray Paint: Free (already had both)
Finials: Free (leftover from previous project)
PVC Pipe: $1.38
Wood Brackets: $9
Total Cost: $10.38
If I could figure out how to go cheaper on the brackets, this project could cost basically nothing!
As always, email me with any questions you might have!