Friday, March 4, 2011

Big Boy Room {Finished!}

Pin It
I LOVE the feeling of finishing a project.  Especially a big project!  

I showed you here how the Board & Batten turned out in Mr. A's room.




I showed you here all the tips and tricks I could think of for tackling B&B yourself!



So, do you want to see his FINISHED room?!


Lots of pictures to follow, and a list of where I found all his stuff at the bottom of the post.


Storage System

I was SHOCKED by how much stuff this system can hold!  It handles all the toys from my living room, all of Mr. A's books, and MUCH more.


The best part?  The chalkboard doors.  Mr. A looooooves them!


He also loves his little chalk pail:


I showed you in this post how I used vinyl to number his bins.  
I really like the way they look!




Bed

I love his bed!  We also sprung for the guard rail that matches it.....it looks so much nicer than the ghetto metal one I had on Miss J's bed!

Close up of the details:

Nice and boyish, right?



Bedding

Mr. A is, of his own choosing, all about basketball. 

I wanted to do a sports theme in his room without it screaming SPORTS!!


This quilt is a great weight.  Not too heavy, and it feels really well made.  He loves all the balls on it.



Above the Bed

Mr. A's only request for the whole room was a "hoop".  

So, I found him a pretty darn cute one! 

(it has chalkboard score boxes on both sides....love it!)
I customized it with his name and my trusty Cricut.  Wish I could show you the whole name; it's so cute!  

(you'll just have to wonder what Mr. A's real identity is.....)



His favorite past time is standing on his bed and shooting hoops :)




Extra Storage

If the storage wall wasn't enough, I found this FAB ball bin for Mr. A's bigger balls and stuff.

It's super tall, which is a plus.  Also, it breaks up all the wood in the room.  I like the metal.



Hubby's input

  Of course my hubby had input in our only son's room.  

He found this big vinyl decal and insisted that I find I place for it.  I was NOT sold on it at first, but I really like it now!


Close up:




Finishing Touches
My biggest hold up in the room was what do on the looong wall above the bed.  

I didn't want something giant up there, and we already had vinyl up on the wall that faced the bed.  Hmmmmm.

Where else would I find what I need than at Costco! (love that store)

They were running a special on their photo canvas.  $10 off each canvas; that is a deal!

I decided to do 3 canvases, and it took up the whole wall:



This is my favorite of the pictures:


I think that's it.  Hope you enjoyed the "tour"!


Where I found Mr.A's stuff

Storage Wall System - Pottery Barn Kids
Bed & Bedding - Pottery Barn Kids
Tall Wire Ball Bin - Land of Nod
Oversized Basketball Player vinyl decal - Empire City Studios (etsy)
Black & White Photo Canvas - Costco
Numbered Storage Bins: Lowes (customized by me)
Basketball hoop: Pottery Barn Kids (customized by me)
Galvanized Chalk Pail - Target (dollar bins)

TIP: The pieces I bought at PBK were ALL on sale.  January is their "storage sale" month (only ONCE a year), and they really mark down alot of their furniture.  I would recommend buying their storage system in January, when it's on sale.
The bed and bedding were also on sale too....sale prices beat full price!

36 comments:

  1. awesome job! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I love the color and the darkwoods with that green! oh and those lovely costco prints just beautiful WELL DONE~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit jealous! Very manly for a little boy's room. I'll have to keep that in mind for someday when I have kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great room. I love the chalkboard doors. I would love it if you linked your project up to my link party on Monday.
    More The Merrier Monday.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very cute! You have inspired me to finally finish up my boys room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great boys rooms. So polished but masculine. The pail you used for the chalk, did you get that at Target recently? I am on the look out for some for a wedding I am playing florist for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenni,
    Yep, I got them at Target. They were in the dollar bins up front. They also had some white ones if I remember right! Good luck getting some; they are THE most adorable little pails! Thanks for stopping by!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! So cute! I'd love to have you link this up at my new Link Party!

    http://sarahndipities.blogspot.com/2011/03/make-something-monday-link-party-1.html

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice!!!

    http://lanis-hammertime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute room! Some really great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the basketball hoop above the bed. The photo canvases look superb!

    I am hosting a giveaway from hair candy for girls.$15 store credit that lets you select flower clips, ziper clips, pettiskirts, bottle cap necklaces and more from the store.

    Check it out
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/15-store-credit-giveaway-from-hair.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous room! I found your blog at the DIY Showoff. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/
    Again, you did a fantastic job with this!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found you from Making the World Cuter linky. This is so cute! You did a geat job! And yes, I like the wall decal too! I'd love to include this in my gallery of kids'room ideas. Email me if you'd like it to be included! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute!! Great job girl a lot of love when into that room. It turned out amazing.


    Laurie
    TipJunkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job! It looks fantastic. I love all the details, and am so jealous of the fantastic storage wall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! That turned out GREAT! I absolutely love it!!! I love the photo canvases and the vinyl decal looks GREAT on that wall! AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. his room turned out awesome, love his storage and bed! thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarahhhh!!! This is FABULOUS!
    WOW...

    WELL, WHEN i STOP coughing,
    I'll feature your mega result!
    Really good.

    Rose
    http://www.FineCraftGuild.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this!! I would love for you to share it at my Linky Party!

    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really awesome. You did a fantastic job. I host a link party each Wednesday - I would love for you to stop by and join in the fun. This post is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your style!! So simple and so powerful! When are you coming to do my rooms because I have absolutely NO decorator in me at all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great room for a cute boy - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is fantastic! I love the storage! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a CUTE room! It will grow with him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great little boys room!
    I have given you the Stylish Blogger Award.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So awesome! Great job!

    I love the costco prints: I'm going to have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job! I bet your little guy is so excited about his new, super cool room!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is absolutely adorable. My favorite is the storage area with the chalkboard cabinet doors. It is all so cute though and I love the walls. I can't wait to own a home soon so I can do fun stuff like this to the rooms. I found your project and blog through the its fun to craft link party. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. turned out great Sarah! I love it all! I think a big boy room is sooner in my future than I thought it was going to be. I'm excited...sort of...but not sure I'm ready...can't they just stay little forever?

    ReplyDelete
  30. His room looks so great Sarah!! I love that big decal too! So unique! Thanks so much for linking up and of course the B&B looks killer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great boy's room! Definitely one that will grow with him - love all of the touches you added, and board and batten is a fave of mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. where did you get his bed? i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. where did you get his bed? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!