Monday, March 15, 2010

Framed Skeleton Keys

Pin It
I have been seeing a lot of keys lately. Everywhere.
These sweet keys are from Pottery Barn....of course :)


This framed art version is from Restoration Hardware, and is $199.00. Yes, you read that right. Ouch!


This wall art is pretty cute, and I love the little pillow.


So, I've been on the lookout for some old skeleton keys. We went to Canton, TX last month for their annual Trade Days, and it was awesome! They claim to be the largest flea market in the country. In the month of May, they have around 15,000 vendors and about 200,000 people come to shop. I was shocked by the amount of 'treasure' I found! If you want to find junk to re-do or decorate with, Canton is the place to go!


Anyway, I found lots of skeleton keys on our trip, and have been looking for a frame for them. I found a cute one at Goodwill today. It was in pretty good shape, and already a chocolate-y brown color.

I added some burlap for the background (you know me....) and hot glued on my keys and key hole. Think it turned out good? Now I have to find juuust the right place for it!


I'm linking up at Get Your Craft on!

6 comments:

  1. great idea! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how that turned out! I especially love that you've got the keyhole to go along with them.
    Nice score on the picture frame too.
    I agree we seem to have the same taste! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to find some old keys to do this with! I love the burlap too. I am new to your blog and am enjoying looking at all the past posts. I especially love the pvc curtain rod post. I'm planning on doing a wall of curtains behind the bed in our master bedroom so that will be extremely helpful! Thanks for all the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I am slightly obsessed with antique keys right now. I have the set of 7 from Pottery Barn that I hung with ribbons in my foyer. I love your idea with the burlap :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I've been looking for keys around here, but can't find any. My Hubby grew up not far from Canton. I would love to go to Trade Days. I've only been once and it was GREAT! Love your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!