Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chic Throw Pillows

Pin It

Reason #1,000 not to buy throw pillows from a store: They are ALWAYS cuter when you make them yourself.


It will be CHEAPER to make them!


Chances are, any pillow you buy will not be exactly what you want. Making your own throw pillows gives you so many more possibilities.


Think about it......take the plunge and make your own pillows!!

TOTAL COST for 6 throw pillows: $30.
  • I bought $15 in fabric (I bought niiiice fabric!)
  • $15 for 3 pillow forms
  • I RECYCLED 3 old, ugly throw pillows, and just re-covered them. (this is a great way to save money!!)
Check out the price of a cute throw pillow next time you are at Target, Pier 1, or Pottery Barn. Ummmm.....expensive! No way could you get 6 cute pillows for $30!

If you don't know how to sew, and want to make NO SEW throw pillows, check out this great tutorial here

If you want a tutorial on how to make your own pillows, leave me a comment!

I'm linking up at Get Your Craft on!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely pillows! I am always amazed at the store prices and have made some of my own as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pillows! Where do you buy your pillow forms? I am going to make some new throw pillows instead of getting a new couch, maybe it will jazz it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out really cute! I'm in the process of trying to find some cute fabric for throw pillows for our couch. I feel so clueless as to what designs to do and what not. I love what you've done, and I LOVE the fabric you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I read everything you put up on your blog and I have never been disappointed! Now if I could just put your energy in a bottle I would be all set. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see a tutorial on this. I just had bought fabric to try to make pillows for my bed because the ones I liked were $40 per pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can I purchase nice fabric? Ive looked at Joann's and Michaels and never find anything nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I purchase nice fabric. Have tried joanns and michaels with no luck.

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY comment! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and stop by my blog!